How and Why We Use Your Personal Data
Smiths Country Pursuits uses your personal data for the following activities:
- To process your order and deliver goods to you.
- To make a tailored website available to you.
- To verify your identity.
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes.
- To contact you electronically about promotional offers and products that we think may be of interest to you.
- For market research purposes, to better understand your needs.
- To enable Smiths Country Pursuits to manage customer service interactions with you.
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
When making a purchase online, during the checkout phase every customer is asked if they wish to opt in to receive further marketing information. Smiths Country Pursuits only uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes with the aim of updating you about products which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual and to inform you of any promotional offers.
If you do not opt in we will not send and marketing related communications.
If you choose to opt in, you have the right to chaneg your preferences and opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
Making use of the 'unsubscribe' link in e-mails.
Contacting Smiths Country Pursuits via the contact channels in this notice.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our service providers and suppliers:
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include delivery and payment service providers.
Smiths Country Pursuits only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which means they can only use your data to provide services to Smiths Country Pursuits and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties:
Aside from our service providers, Smiths Country Pursuits will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing or any other purpose.
We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases), for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders and for the protections of our employees and customers.
To deliver products to you, if you live outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), it may be necessary to share your data outside of the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection clauses which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed by following the link below.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 8 years.